|And Your Enemies Closer|
|Original broadcast||January 23, 2010|
|Series||The Secret Saturdays|
|Overall episode number||35|
|Written by||Todd Garfield|
|Directed by||Scott Jeralds|
|Previous episode||Life in the Underground|
|Next episode||War of the Cryptids|
Doyle and Van Rook travel to Drew's home temple to tell her about the cryptid that Argost stole. Drew tells Doyle thats where they where when they lost their parents. While this goes on Doc, Komodo, Zak, and Fiskerton strike a deal with the Secret Scientists about stopping a revolving beast, in Beeman's lab. They make the terms and help stop the creature. Eventually, Zak must use the Neural Parasite that Argost gave him. He puts it on Fiskerton and captures the monster. But, Komodo sniffs it out and Argost tells Zak that he must come with him. Zak accepts. He is later knocked out by Argost and is flown to a secret island wrapped up in Munya's silk. Drew shows Doyle the spot where they were separated, Doyle then tells Drew that it was a cryptid that destroyed the family, not a storm. Drew is furious about the monks not telling her. They then tell her the Yeti destroyed them. They then take her to it's empty lair. They discover trinkets and items that it took. Along, with a revelation: Argost's masks cast, meaning Argost is the legendary master of the mountain, The Yeti. While at the island, Argost takes out the Smoke Mirror and revels everything. He tells Zak how he found out about the mirror when he snuck into the airship in Australia, how he stole the Flute of Gilgamesh, and that he is a cryptid. He then releases Zak Monday from the Mirror, and traps him. He then uses Devonian Annelids and the Flute of Gilgamesh to steal Zak Monday's power. He then destroys the Mirror and the Flute. Zak and Argost go into a battle, using Munya as the weapon. Controlling him with their power, Argost wins. Luckily, Tsul 'Kalu, Doc, Komodo, and Fiskerton rescue him. But, Argost and Munya escape. Zak then tells everyone that Argost has the power to control a cryptid army.
- Doc Saturday
- Drew Saturday
- Zak Saturday
- Fiskerton Saturday
- Komodo Saturday
- Zon Saturday
- Doyle Blackwell
- Doc Saturday
- Drew Saturday
- Miranda Grey
- Arthur Beeman
- Talu Mizuki
- Paul Cheechoo
- Dr. David Bara
- Baron Finster (flashback)
- Kur (a.k.a. Zak Saturday)
- Fiskerton Phantom
- Komodo Dragon
- Yeti (a.k.a. V.V. Argost)
- Neural Parasite
- Revolving Beast
- Zak Monday (Anti-Kur) (possibly dies)
- Dr. Beeman's Lab
- Zak Monday makes his Season 2 debut.
- This is Zak Monday's third (and final) appearance in the series.
- Zak's secret with Argost is exposed in this episode, yet his family still loves him.
- This Tsul 'Kalu's second appearance in the series.
- Before Tsul 'Kalu comes, Zak's powers turn from orange to white.
- The episode title references the famous saying, "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer" by Sun-Tzu, the famous Chinese general and military strategist who wrote "The Art of War."
- It could also be a reference to the first episode of Total Drama Island with the same saying.
- Right before Argost fully steals Zak Monday's power, his hair flashes to Zak Saturday's hair color.
- We learn that V.V. Argost is the reason why Drew and Doyle lost their parents in the Himalayas.
- Zak Monday is possibly killed in this episode.
- Doc, the Secret Scientists, and Komodo find out about Zak's secret deal with Argost.
- We learn that Argost is actually a Cryptid, a Yeti.
- Tsul 'Kalu returns in this episode to find Zak.
- The Monday Family appear again in the episode, in the images of when Argost searches through the Saturday's Computer.
- This is the first episode that shows three death causes. Zak Monday's and Drew and Doyle's parents (all by Argost).
- The Secret Scientists make a deal with the Saturdays to leave Zak alone for six months and give Zak a chance to prove he can handle his developing Kur powers.
- However, their deal is quickly broken in the following and final episode, War of the Cryptids.