|First appearance||Once More the Nightmare Factory|
The Peluda is a small mammalian cryptid from Europe. It made its first appearance in Once More the Nightmare Factory and could be controlled in the video game "The Secret Saturdays: Beasts of the Fifth Sun".
DescriptionThe Peluda (sometimes called the Shaggy Beast or La Velue) is a supposed dragon that terrorized a La Ferté-Bernard, France, in medieval times. Depending on the account, it had either a porcupine-like body or a mess of hair-like projections hanging from its body that were actually stinger-tipped tentacles which could erect into quills. Its name is derived from this shaggy appearance. Consistently, it was said to have possessed poisonous stingers that it could shoot off its body, a snake's neck, head, and tail, large, tortoise-like feet, and a green color.
The creature appeared harmless unless provoked, as it randomly bounced around the Mansion like an over sized sheep dog until fiercely retaliating after being attacked by Komodo.
Points of interest
- Searing breath that could wither crops.
- Firing off its quills like arrows.
- Invulnerability except for its tail.
- Creating floods by stepping into rivers.
- A single strike from its tail was lethal to a full grown man.
- Breathing out fire as a typical dragon.
- Spitting out a powerful stream of water or acid.